These crispy, oil-free chicken wings are flavored in 3 different ways, making them an easy and delicious appetizer for GAME DAY!! Let your air fryer do the work while you cheer on your favorite team!
Per 1 lb of wings:
- 1 lb of wings (full wings, separated wings, or wingettes)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For dry rub wings:
- Still toss 1 lb of wings with 1 Tbsp baking powder, then add on desired amount of your favorite dry rub before frying. We used the BBQ Brother's All-Purpose BBQ Rub
For garlic parmesan wings: *see recipe for instructions*
- 1/4 C butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped, fresh parsley
For classic wings:
- Still toss 1 lb of wings with 1 Tbsp baking powder, salt and pepper and fry. After frying, toss with desired amount of your favorite BBQ sauce or wing sauce.
**This recipe looks long but is actually super easy! I'm just giving you a bunch of flavoring options and tips 🙂
- To prep the wings, you first want to fully dry them using a paper towel and place them into a bowl large enough for tossing. Drying the wings is crucial to removing excess moisture and creating a crispier skin!
- I fry a pound at a time, so I add 1 lb of wings into a bowl then toss with 1 Tbsp of baking powder and salt and pepper to taste. The baking powder is what creates the super crispy skin so don't skip on that! Use tongs to toss the wings to fully coat, breaking up any clumps of baking powder as you go.
- At this point, you can simply fry them using the recipe below and then toss in your favorite sauce once done.
- Alternatively, if you're someone who likes dry wings, before adding the wings to the fryer, toss them in desired amount of your favorite dry rub. (I used about 3 Tbsp of the BBQ Brother's All-Purpose BBQ Rub for 1 pound of wings).
- Using your tongs, add the wings to the air fryer basket, leaving adequate space between them. If the wings are touching or overlapping they won't become as crispy!
- Set your air fryer temperature to 375 degrees and 25 minutes. Allow the wings to fry, but stop halfway to flip them over.
- After 25 minutes of frying, reset your temperature to 420 degrees and fry for another 5 minutes, just to add a little extra crunch!
- Allow to cool slightly, then use tongs to remove the wings and add them to a clean tossing bowl. Add in the desired amount of your favorite BBQ or wing sauce then toss or use tongs to coat.
- If you want to make the garlic parmesan flavored wings, in the last 5 minutes of your fry time, heat a small frying pan over low-medium heat and add in 1/4 C of butter and 4 minced garlic cloves. Cook together, stirring frequently, until the butter is fully melted and garlic begins to brown slightly. Remove from heat and pour it into your clean tossing bowl. Add in 1/2 C of shredded parmesan cheese, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1/2 tsp red chili flakes, 2-3 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix completely then add wings and toss to coat. Top with a little extra parmesan and parsley, if desired.
- Serve the wings immediately with a side of blue cheese or ranch, plus some celery and carrot sticks, of course!
- Enjoy! 🙂
To reheat leftover wings, refrigerate until ready to eat, then you can use any of the below techniques to reheat them:
- Fire up your air fryer again! Set temperature to 360 F and fry for 4 minutes. Then raise temperature to 420 F and fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, place wings on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals until your desired temperature. (These won't be as crispy but this is the fastest way!)
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings, oil-free wings, game day appetizer, quick party food, oil-less fried chicken