Every good grill master needs a go-to dry rub recipe! Created by the BBQ Brothers, this all purpose BBQ rub can be used on any meat before it hits the grill or smoker.
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic (I like granulated because garlic powder will clump up)
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Cayenne for heat
- Mix all ingredients together.
- I usually like to rub whatever cuts I am doing the night before because this will act as a dry brine/marinade of sorts for the meat.
- I’ve found that the easiest way to apply the rub is to put it in a large shaker and sprinkle it down onto the meat. Now even though it’s called a “rub” we don’t actually rub it into the meat since that will cause it to cake up and the smoke won’t penetrate to the meat as well as it should. You want to dust it on then pat it in until you’ve got all of your meat covered, including the sides.
- After this, you’ll want to put the meat into a sealed container or wrap it in saran wrap overnight.
See post notes on tips on how to apply this seasoning!
Keywords: bbq rub, easy meat rub, all purpose bbq rub, DIY grilled meat rub, dry rub recipe