The best Pinterest trends and tips for food bloggers to focus on for the month of August to increase traffic to their page and website!
Welcome to the dog days of summer, folks! It’s 97 million degrees in Ohio and when it’s not thunderstorming we’re frying to death. It’s been a horrific summer. I’m honestly not sure why we live here. I mostly think it’s because we love complaining about stuff? I think we’re having all of our produce shipped in now because I’m not sure how anything is surviving outside at this point.
In case you’re new to my monthly guides, each month I will share a post that highlights all of the Pinterest food-related trends that I believe to be the most important for food bloggers to focus on that month, so that they may fully utilize Pinterest to increase their traffic. I’ll also be sharing some tips and tricks each month that you can use to help you improve your Pinterest page!
The best way to utilize this information is to create and push out new content that emphasizes these ingredients and/or topics and recycle any old content that you have by republishing the pins and recycling them onto your personal boards, group boards, and Tailwind tribes to help increase their traffic. Also, when pinning content from other bloggers, keep these trends in mind and try to focus on adding this type of content to your boards since this is the type of information that users are going to be searching for. The more you provide users with what they are looking for the better your traffic will be!
If you find these tips helpful, please be sure to subscribe to my email list so that you will receive an update right to your inbox when I post a new monthly trend and tip post! (Plus, you’ll get some scrumptious recipes in there, too! 🙂 )
Pro tip: The links in this post are linked to some of my most popular relevant pins according to my Tailwind pin inspector. Repinning them would help boost your monthly views/traffic! 🙂
- Back to School Food/Snacks
- This was an unexpected trend last month but now that August is here it may not be quite so unexpected anymore! Stores are starting to fill back up with school supplies and parents are going to start thinking about breakfast ideas, packable lunches, and after-school snacks! Don’t forget about some of the fun back to school themed treats as well!
- It’s still prime camping season so campfire-friendly recipes will be heavily searched for during August. Think about foil packet breakfasts, unique camping appetizers, some easy classic favorites, and the always popular campfire desserts! Plus any extra tips and tricks to make cooking while camping easier are always a hit!
- Air Fryer and Instant Pot Recipes
- For some of you, this may be expected, but for others, you may not have caught onto this trend yet. These two time-saving kitchen gadgets have been exploding on Pinterest lately and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future! With school coming back into session soon, August will be a big month for Moms to start looking for time-saving dinner ideas, so Air Fryer and Instant Pot recipes will be even more popular! Think appetizers, main course ideas, side dishes, and desserts. If you have a niche, like Weight Watchers or gluten-free recipes, there are tons of recipe ideas for those as well!
- Labor Day
In Season Produce
Naturally you’ll want to focus on any produce that is currently in season each month! To help with this, I am going to be putting together a monthly seasonal produce guide (with tips on how to choose, store, and cook with each ingredient!) My August produce guide can be found here, with associated recipes, but here is a list of in-season produce to focus on:
- Green Beans
Top 3 Tips for August
Here are my top 3 Pinterest tips for this month!
- Take inventory of your content
- Make sure that you’re double-checking the content that you’re re-circulating on Tailwind. Whether you’re using their SmartLoop feature or manually scheduling your own pins, sometimes it can become redundant and you end up rescheduling content that doesn’t have the best quality caption or hashtags. Be sure you’re rechecking your captions for any possible editing, updates, or inclusions of hashtags before you blast it all over it Pinterest again! And definitely make sure something is in the caption before you schedule it out!
- Give the people what they want!
- Use your Tailwind pin inspector to monitor which pins are the most popular from your boards. You might be surprised to see that it is old content (maybe an older style of photography or a photo you thought was garbage!) but people are loving it and pinning it! Even though you might not love the image, if it’s performing well, use that to your advantage and push that pin into circulation as much as possible!
- Clean up your board titles
- Take a few minutes to look at your boards and try to organize them as a whole. Try to keep them streamlined, organized, and consistent rather than disconnected. This will make your page look more professional and easier to navigate.
Did you find this guide helpful? What other Pinterest tips would you like to know for next month? Check back each month for a new monthly Food Blogger Pinterest Trends and Tips! Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list so you will receive new Pinterest monthly tips and recipes straight to your inbox! 🙂
And if you’re a blogger looking for some more personalized help with your Pinterest page, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Pinterest Virtual Assistant Services! 🙂