The best eggs you'll ever eat! This breakfast casserole is inspired by the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites and is so velvety and creamy you'll never want to make eggs any other way! Only 146 calories per serving!
- 8 slices of bacon
- 9 eggs
- 3/4 C shredded Gruyére cheese
- 1/3 C cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh chives or parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Start this dish by cooking and crumbling the bacon. Use the excess bacon fat to coat a baking dish (an 8x8 glass dish would be ideal, I just used an oval one for prettier pictures 🙂 ).
- Move your oven racks so that you have one rack right in the middle, then preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred the gruyéye cheese and place the cheese, eggs, softened cream cheese, and salt into a blender. Blend on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into the greased baking dish and top with most of the crumbled bacon. (Reserve some for topping at the end.)
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. Set a roasting pan (or other large pan) onto the oven rack and fill with 6 C of very hot tap water. (We don't have a roasting pan so I used a deep 9x13 pan instead). Place the dish of eggs inside of the water pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes-1 hour, until the eggs are just set.
- Remove the water pan and dish from the oven and remove foil. If you wish to brown the top of the casserole, switch your oven to broil and place your uncovered dish back into the oven for about 4-5 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Top with a few more crumbles of bacon, and diced fresh chives or parsley, if you wish!
- Cut into 9 slices and serve. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight refrigerator for up to 1 week. Simply microwave each piece for about 45 seconds and enjoy! Leftovers are just a smidge chewier around the edges than fresh (as you would expect from any microwaved egg) but the middle is just as good as fresh! 🙂
Keywords: breakfast casserole, make-ahead, kid-friendly cooking, low calorie