- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C milk mixed with 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp sour cream (full fat)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/2 C diced scallions
- 1 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 4 Texas Muffin Pan holes with cooking spray (**MUST use a Texas Muffin Pan, others will be too small!)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk and white vinegar mixture, salt, sour cream, vegetable oil and 1 egg. Whisk well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient bowl and mix until just combined (don't go overboard on the mixing here!)
- Fold in scallions, cheese and the cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of batter to each of the 4 sprayed Texas Muffin Pan holes and spread to make sure it covers the bottom.
- Create a divot in the batter for your egg yolk then carefully crack one egg into each hole (the entire egg, not just the yolk!)
- Cover with remaining batter, carefully spreading to prevent breaking the yolk.
- Brush the muffins with the melted butter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and yolk is hard when checked with a toothpick or knife.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then serve warm.