A flavorful, cheesy Mexican chicken blend stuffed into corn tortillas and baked until crispy perfection! Top these taquitos with your favorite Mexican toppings for a low calorie lunch or dinner! Only 129 calories!
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 C chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/3 C sour cream (I used light)
- 1/2 C salsa
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 18 corn tortillas
- Favorite mexican toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, pico de gallo, etc.!
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add in 1 Tbsp olive oil and 2 chicken breasts. Cook for 5 minutes without touching, then flip.
- Add in 1/3 C of chicken broth, lower heat and cover. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks, shredder claws or the flat beater KitchenAid attachment.
- In a large mixing bowl, soften 8 oz of cream cheese then add in your cooked chicken, 1/3 C light sour cream, 1/2 C salsa, 1 C shredded cheddar cheese, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp paprika and pepper to taste.
- Microwave 18 tortillas, 3 at a time separated by damp paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas, spread to the edges and roll tight.
- Place taquitos on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place the taquitos seam side down and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until crispy. If the tortillas begin to crack, spray with additional cooking spray.
- Allow to cool slightly then top with your favorite Mexican toppings!
- Enjoy! 🙂
Extra toppings not included in nutritional information.
Keywords: low calorie taquitos, cinco de mayo, low carb lunch, kid-friendly cooking