These dense, moist (sorry, but seriously!) banana bread bars are so filling and delicious you'll never know they're only 112 calories per bar!
- 4 ripe bananas (the riper the better!)
- 1 C of plain, fat-free yogurt
- 4 Tbsp of unpacked brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- White sugar, to coat bottom and sides of pan
- Mash 4 ripe bananas with a fork into a large mixing bowl. Add in 1 C plan, fat-free yogurt, 4 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar, 3 Tbsp softened, unsalted butter, 1 egg and 2 tsp vanilla. Whisk until all of the ingredients are fully blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 C flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Slowly add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray an 8x8 glass pan with cooking spray and toss some white sugar around to fully coat the bottom and sides. Pour your mixture into the pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely then enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: low calorie banana bread, healthy snack, kid-friendly baking, breakfast bread