A flavorful, quick and easy smoke perfect for Easter or Christmas dinner (or any day of the year) Covered in pineapple and BBQ rub and ready to be devoured!
Meat Used: Pre-cooked/spiral/sliced ham
Seasoning: Mustard and The BBQ Brother’s All Purpose BBQ Rub
Wood Used: Apple
Grill Temperature: 225-250 degrees
Smoke Time: 2 hours (can go up to 5 or 6 if you want), indirect heat
- You're going to start by rubbing the ham down with some mustard and our BBQ rub. I like the spiral sliced ham because you can get the rub into all the little slices.
- Once it is assembled we want to attach our pineapple rings all over the ham (the more the better) and then sprinkle a little brown sugar on them with some more of our BBQ rub.
- Next, get the smoker to 225-250 F and throw it on indirect heat with some apple wood chips. I also loaded a water spray bottle with apple juice to spray it every 30 minutes or so to keep it moist.
- Here is the best part: it can be done within 2 hours but if you want to keep it on for 5-6 hours you can. Remember, the ham is already cooked, you are simply just warming it up and adding some smoke flavor.
- Once you have a nice smoke bark on the ham and the pineapple is dark, pull it off and slice and serve just like Christmas.
- There it is all done with no sides just meat and dessert all in one cook!
If you find your ham has been sliced too deeply and you're having a hard time getting it to stay together, use some long toothpicks or skewers to hold it all in place.
Keywords: BBQ smoked ham, Christmas ham, Easter ham, smoker ham, easy smoker recipe