These blue cheese and steak crostini have a little elegance, a lot of taste, and are the perfect bite-size appetizer for any party! Plus they can be made in advance, are ready to serve in just 15 minutes, and taste great even at room temperature!
- 1 pound beef round stroganoff
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 Drops Liquid Smoke (We used Mesquite)
- 1 Tbsp steak sauce of choice
- 1 French Baguette
- Olive Oil
- Blue Cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Balsamic Glaze
- First, you are going to want to allow your steak to marinate for a while. In a large bowl (or zip-top bag) mix together one pound of stroganoff beef, 1 Tbsp of soy sauce, 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 Tbsp Montreal steak seasoning, 4 drops of liquid smoke (we used mesquite flavored), and 1 Tbsp of your favorite steak sauce. Cover (or seal) and allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight.
- When you're ready to prepare the crostini, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and slice a french baguette into 1/2 inch slices on a diagonal. Place the bread onto a baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly toasted. Remove from the oven and transfer to your serving platter.
- Next, heat a medium-sized skillet over high heat and add in the steak pieces. Stir occasionally for about one minute until cooked. (The pieces are so small that they'll cook quickly!)
- Add a little bit of steak to each slice of crostini then top with a little blue cheese and chopped parsley. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve!
- Enjoy! These taste amazing warm but are still great at room temperature as well which means no need to hover over your appetizer table all night!
- Shopping: Be sure to grab a 4 oz container of pre-crumbled blue cheese, a fresh French baguetteand fresh parsley. For the steak, I recommend using a pound of beef round stroganoff, as it is cheap and pre-chopped for easy prep work! (You don't need anything fancy here since the strong-flavored marinade will overpower the taste of the steak.) Also, make sure that you have all of the marinade ingredients, and grab whatever you don't already have!
- Substitutions: The steak marinade we used in this recipe is straight from The BBQ Brothers and pairs perfectly with the blue cheese, but feel free to use your own favorite beef marinade or alter the amounts or the ingredients if you prefer.
- Prep: Be sure to leave yourself enough time for marinating the steak. You'll need at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight!
- Cooking: You'll want to first bake your baguette, as the crostini will take about 10 minutes and the steak will cook incredibly quickly (about 1 minute) due to being in small pieces.
- Storage: I don't recommend storing the fully prepped crostini, so only make what you need and then store the ingredients separately. The cooked steak can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3-4 days and the crostini can be stored in a sealed bag or container for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: Both the steak and crostini can be frozen. Simply allow to cool, place into separate airtight containers, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- If fresh: These blue cheese and steak crostini taste great even at room temperature, but if you want to reheat them during a party simply place them on a baking sheet and reheat at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- If frozen: Frozen steak should be thawed in the refrigerator overnight and then reheated in a pan for about 1 minute on the stovetop. Frozen crostini can be reheated at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and do not need to be thawed first.
Keywords: blue cheese and steak crostini, bite-sized appetizer