These butternut squash “fries” are packed full of rosemary and garlic flavor then dipped into a magic sauce that is so good you just have to try it for yourself! The perfect low calorie alternative to french fries! Only 66 cals per serving!
FOR THE FRIES:
- 1 medium butternut squash, sliced into uniform fry shapes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary (about 5 sprigs worth)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 C thousand island dressing
- 2 garlic cloves garlic, minced (this is to taste so use more or less as desired)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced (about 6 stems worth)
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Slice 1 medium butternut squash into uniform fry-like shapes. *See notes
- Toss squash "fries" into a large bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add in 3 Tbsp minced rosemary, 1 Tbsp garlic powder and black pepper, to taste. Mix so that all of the squash fries are coated.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees then line a large baking sheet (or two, if needed) with foil. Spray with cooking spray then spread the seasoned fries out in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes then flip and roast for another 20-25 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- While the fries are baking you can prep your magic sauce! Into a small bowl add 1/2 C thousand island dressing, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley, and 1 Tbsp smoked paprika. Mix well then refrigerate until fries are done.
- Serve the fries with the magic sauce and enjoy!
If you need a guide in how to cut a butternut sqush, check out this post!
You can reheat any leftovers by placing on a baking sheet and broiling until crispy again.
Keywords: butternut squash, French fry alternative, healthier fries, low calorie fries