Brunch just got de-breadified! This cauliflower benedict is a dense, crispy, cauliflower and cheese patty topped with Canadian bacon, a poached egg and hollandaise sauce! Only 249 calories!
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 6 eggs (one for patties, the others to poach)
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of cornstarch
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 slices canadian bacon
- Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Mix (Requires 1/2 C butter and 1 C milk, instructions on packet)
- Paprika and green onions for topping (optional)
- Shred 1/2 head of cauliflower on a box grater into a medium-sized bowl then add in 1 egg, 1 C shredded cheddar cheese, a pinch of cornstarch, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, you're ready to start frying up your cauliflower patties. Take handfuls of the cauliflower mixture and squeeze as much liquid as possible out of them. Shape into a patty. (I found it was easiest to flatten it onto a flexible spatula, slide it onto my hand to release it from the spatula, place it back onto the spatula, then slide it into the oil.)
- Cook until brown and crispy, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook 3 minutes more. Watch closely as they burn quickly and cook times can vary based on your stove!
- Add a slice of warmed Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and hollandaise sauce onto each cauliflower patty then top with paprika and a few green onions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you need tips on how to poach an egg, click here!
Original recipe link at the bottom of this post has hollandaise sauce recipe if you prefer to make your own!
Leftover patties can be reheated and made with fresh poached eggs if you want to stretch them out to use for breakfast all week! Link to a microwavable poacher in post!
Keywords: healthy eggs benedict, low calorie brunch, low carb breakfast, keto friendly breakfast