I have a strange and unnatural obsession with food that is in pinwheel form. I even have a Pinterest board that serves as a shrine to these heavenly roll ups. They make such a perfect finger food for parties, there are millions of flavor combos, and the recipes are usually super easy so I love making these for gameday!
These cheddar bacon jalapeño pinwheels are one of those appetizers that can be served right out of the oven or eaten at room temperature, which means less work for you during your party! Which means more time for cheering for OSU! 🙂
CHEDDAR BACON JALAPEÑO PINWHEELS
Look at that platter. Would ya just look at it. All full of warm, carby, cheesy, bacony, jalapeño-y, scrumptiousness. I could eat the entire plate in one sitting. Their highly addictive quality should make them illegal in at least 47 states.
The fact that these come together so quickly is one of the best things about this recipe! (And worst, because I can be eating them within 20 minutes at any given moment. Which means I’m highly susceptible to falling into their addictive trap and eating around 264,745 calories in 5 minutes…)
To make these fabulous flavor bombs, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet lined with foil. Roll out 1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls and press down the seams to create one large rectangular sheet. In a large bowl, mix together 4 oz of softened cream cheese, 5 slices of cooked/crumbled bacon, 1 C of shredded cheddar cheese and 1-2 Tbsp of diced jalapeños. Spread the mixture evenly on top the dough sheet. Roll the dough lengthwise into a log. Slice the log into 3/4″ slices. Arrange the pinwheels 2″ apart on your prepared baking sheet. Top with a little extra cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, if you’d like. I will always, always, always, add more cheese.
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the crescent rolls have started to brown and cheese is melted. I sprinkled them with a little garlic powder then served them warm with a side of ranch dressing. Because garlic powder and ranch make everything better! 🙂
- 1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 5 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1–2 Tbsp diced jalapeños
- Extra cheese and bacon to garnish, as well as garlic powder, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Roll out crescent rolls and press down the seams to create one large rectangular sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and jalapeños. Spread the mixture evenly on top the dough sheet.
- Roll the dough lengthwise into a log.
- Slice the log into 3/4″ slices and arrange the pinwheels 2″ apart on your prepared baking sheet.
- Top with a little extra cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the crescent rolls have started to brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and serve with a side of ranch dressing.
**Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road
What do you think? Did this recipe make the cut for you or did it crumble? What would you do differently? I look forward to reading your opinions!