The perfect mix of melty cheese and pops of jalapeño and bacon makes these pinwheels so addicting they should be illegal! Ready to serve in 20 minutes, these are the perfect game day party appetizer!
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 5 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp diced jalapeños
- Extra cheese and bacon to garnish, as well as garlic powder, if desired
- To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet lined with foil. Roll out 1 can of crescent rolls onto a cutting board and press down the seams to create one large rectangular sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together 4 oz of softened cream cheese, 5 slices of crumbled bacon, 1 C shredded cheddar cheese and 1-2 Tbsp of diced jalapeños. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the dough sheet.
- Spread the filling evenly across the dough. I find it is easiest to just use my hands to press it out evenly!
- Roll the dough lengthwise to form a log.
- Slice the log into 1/2" slices. You should have about 24 pinwheels. *See notes
- Arrange the pinwheels 2" apart on your prepared baking sheet.
- Top with a little extra cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, if you'd like.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the crescent rolls have started to brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with a little garlic powder, if desired, then serve immediately with a side of ranch dressing.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Use a sharp knife and occasionally spray it with cooking spray. Alternatively, you could wrap the log in saran wrap and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours to allow for easier slicing. You can refrigerate it for up to 24 hours if necessary.
See post notes for step by step image instructions!
Keywords: easy appetizer, quick game day appetizer, kid-friendly cooking, pinwheel snack, make-ahead party food