A unique and delicious alternative to eggs and toast! That's no biscuit under there, just whisked up egg whites! Only 208 calories for 2 eggs!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Giant Eagle brand)
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Separate 2 egg yolks and egg whites. Place each yolk into its own small bowl or ramekin and add egg whites together in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg whites with an electric mixer on high for 3-4 minutes, until whites appear stiff and forms into peaks.
- Fold in 1/8 C shredded cheddar cheese, 1/8 tsp parsley, 1/8 tsp garlic powder and fresh pepper to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil sprayed generously with cooking spray) and spoon two 'biscuits' onto sheet.
- Create a small indent into each 'biscuit.'
- Bake for 3 minutes, then remove from oven and carefully add a yolk to each 'biscuit.'
- Bake for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until yolk is desired consistency. Top with extra parsley and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! 🙂
See post notes for step by step image instructions!
Keywords: low carb breakfast, keto breakfast, low calorie, easy, kid-friendly cooking