A perfect, healthy, light, lunch idea! Full of veggies and served on crostinis. Only 143 calories per serving!
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (I used low sodium), drained and rinsed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 C parsley, chopped
- Finely dice 1/2 of a red pepper, 1 red onion, and 2 garlic cloves.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add in 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Toss in red pepper, onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, lemon juice from 1 lemon, 1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese and 1/3 C chopped parsley.
- Add all ingredients together and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve cold over bread or crostinis (calories not included!)
To make crostinis, cut a baguette into thin slices. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and add slices to a baking sheet. Drizzle each side with a little olive oil. Bake for 2-3 minutes then flip and repeat for another 2-3 minutes until crispy.
Keywords: chickpea salad, easy appetizer, make-ahead, low calorie, low carb, light lunch