Rich and indulgent with pops of chocolate chips! Plus a homemade icing that hardens ever so slightly but is still ooey gooey!
For the brownies:
- 1 C white sugar
- 1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C butter, melted then cooled
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the icing:
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C confectioners sugar
- 3 Tbsp whole milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry brownie ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs with 1 tsp vanilla then add to the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add 1/2 C butter (which has been melted and cooled), until just combined, then mix in 1/2 C of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the mini muffin tin, filling each tin about 3/4 full, and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prep the icing by combining the 3 Tbsp softened butter, 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 C confectioners sugar by using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment on low for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add 3 Tbsp milk 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Once the brownies are done, allow to fully cool, then use a spoon to remove from the muffin tin. If the bottom stays in the pan, you can squish it back onto the brownie bite because they're pretty dense!
- Place the brownie bites onto your serving platter and spoon the icing onto their tops. If you prefer not to have the excess (I do because, hi, more chocolate) you can always spoon over top of cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath to catch the excess then plate them once they have hardened a little.
- Top with sprinkles while still warm, if you wish!
- Serve with milk, and enjoy!
Sprinkle colors can be customized to fit any holiday or celebration!
Keywords: brownie bites, homemade brownies, kid-friendly baking, chocolate dessert, pantry ingredient dessert