Perfectly seasoned and roasted asparagus that only takes 20 minutes from fridge to face! Only 80 calories per serving! An easy side for your favorite protein!
- 1 bundle of asparagus (about 15–20 spears), washed with ends trimmed off
- 2 Tbsp high quality olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil and spread 1 bundle of washed and trimmed asparagus spears into a single layer.
- Drizzle the asparagus with 2 Tbsp olive oil then sprinkle with 1 tsp garlic and 1 tsp onion powder as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to fully coat all of the asparagus.
- Place into the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. (Drizzle on a little extra olive oil if they appear to be drying out or burning.)
- Serve immediately with your favorite protein (such as my also easy Balsamic Roasted Salmon), or chop up and toss into your salad for a unique and flavorful crunch!
See post for additional seasoning options and tips on how to choose and store asparagus.
Keywords: asparagus, side dish, easy, roasted vegetable, healthy dinner, low calorie, Thanksgiving side