Quesadillas with decadent smoked gouda, crispy crumbled bacon, sweet onion and pops of green apple! A unique and delicious lunch for 365 calories!
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 of a green apple, chopped
- 1 slice of crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 soft tortilla
- 1 oz of shredded smoked gouda
- Prepare all the ingredients by chopping 1/4 of a green apple into small chunks, slicing 1/4 of a sweet onion, and shredding 1 oz of smoked gouda.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, cook and crumble one slice of bacon (or more if you want to prep for the week!) Wipe the pan to remove the oil after cooking.
- To the same frying pan, add 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté your onion slices until cooked through. Toss in your apple chunks and cook until they soften slightly. Mix in bacon pieces then remove all ingredients and place to the side on a plate. Do not wipe the pan clean this time!
- In the same pan you cooked the onion mixture in, add in a tortilla and cook until one side is slightly browned. Flip over and top with your shredded gouda. Once gouda begins to melt, spread evenly with onion mixture.
- Allow to cook until gouda has fully melted then use a spatula to fold in half.
- Remove from pan, cut into 4 pieces with a pizza cutter, top with some extra ingredients if you wish and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy lunch, quick lunch, smoked gouda, unique quesadilla