The best Pinterest trends and tips for food bloggers to focus on for the month of July to increase traffic to their page and website!
We’re over half way through our Pinterest guides for the year! How is that even possible?!! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far and having all of the Pinterest success they had hoped for the past few months! 🙂
In case you’re new to my monthly guides, each month I will share a post that highlights all of the Pinterest food-related trends that I believe to be the most important for food bloggers to focus on that month, so that they may fully utilize Pinterest to increase their traffic. I’ll also be sharing some tips and tricks each month that you can use to help you improve your Pinterest page!
The best way to utilize this information is to create and push out new content that emphasizes these ingredients and/or topics and recycle any old content that you have by republishing the pins and recycling them onto your personal boards, group boards, and Tailwind tribes to help increase their traffic. Also, when pinning content from other bloggers, keep these trends in mind and try to focus on adding this type of content to your boards since this is the type of information that users are going to be searching for. The more you provide users with what they are looking for the better your traffic will be!
If you find these tips helpful, please be sure to subscribe to my email list so that you will receive an update right to your inbox when I post a new monthly trend and tip post! (Plus, you’ll get some scrumptious recipes in there, too! 🙂 )
Pro tip: The links in this post are linked to some of my most popular relevant pins according to my Tailwind pin inspector. Repinning them would help boost your monthly views/traffic! 🙂
- Now that we’ve hit July, it’s prime time for families and college kids to be traveling or hosting staycations. This offers an opportunity for foodie travel guides, road trip snacks, staycation meals such as pizzas, taco night or even fun breakfast ideas that you wouldn’t normally have time to cook up!
- It’s summer after all, so it’s time to kick back on a patio or pool float with your favorite summer sipper! Think wine spritzers, tropical cocktails, summer-themed beverages, easy drinks for hosting, and cocktail bar ideas! Also…don’t forget some fun summer mocktail ideas for the expecting mamas (or those who graduated rehab that we talked about last month!)
- Poolside snacks
- Every good summer pool day needs good snacks (especially if you’re serving up some cocktails!) This month, poolside snacks will definitely be popular on Pinterest, as July will be the hottest pool month for most states! You’re looking for recipes that are easy to prep and store, quick to eat, and (for some people) kid friendly! This poolside dip is forever popular on Pinterest! Other options would be make-ahead snack boards like this healthy sheet pan snack platter, these mini chimichurri burger bites, or if you want to keep the party going try out my buzzed cherry bombs! 🙂
- Back to School Food/Snacks
- I know, I know, summer just started, but believe it or not, people are already looking for back to school recipes and snacks on Pinterest! Got to be prepared, you know?! Of course, you’ll want to focus on fast and healthy breakfast ideas, packable lunches, and after-school snacks, but don’t forget about some of the more unique recipe ideas! Think outside of the box with the back to school themed treats, and even some treats for parents to help them get through the morning (or evening 🙂 ) stress!
- Fourth of July
- This is huuuuuge! I think the 4th of July is kind of like Christmas and that you are safe to pin these recipes year round if you want because people are always looking for patriotic pins! Stock your boards with all the red white and blue appetizers, desserts, and drinks, plus sides fit for a BBQ or cookout and grillable main dishes. Don’t forget about the tablescape and decor, as well, if you’re into that kind of thing! 🙂
In Season Produce
Naturally you’ll want to focus on any produce that is currently in season each month! To help with this, I am going to be putting together a monthly seasonal produce guide (with tips on how to choose, store, and cook with each ingredient!) My July produce guide can be found here, with associated recipes, but here is a list of in-season produce to focus on:
- Bell Peppers
Top 3 Tips for July
Here are my top 3 Pinterest tips for this month!
- Take a break!
- I only have one tip this month and it’s to take a break! I took a nice long break in June for my honeymoon and it was SO refreshing! I’m not saying you have to put the brakes on everything but sometimes we get too caught up in the “I should,” “I need to,” “I have to” and the panic of numbers that we burn ourselves out! I scheduled half the amount of pins that I normally do and staggered them in my Tailwind scheduler for the month of June so I still had some content going out while on vacation. Then I set it to forget it and walked away from Pinterest for a solid 2 weeks! Did my numbers drop? Yep. Do I care? Nope. Because I’m now feeling recharged, refreshed, and ready to come back and tackle July even stronger! So moral of the story: don’t be afraid to give yourself a break. Let the numbers suffer, not you! 🙂
Did you find this guide helpful? What other Pinterest tips would you like to know for next month? Check back each month for a new monthly Food Blogger Pinterest Trends and Tips! Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list so you will receive new Pinterest monthly tips and recipes straight to your inbox! 🙂
And if you’re a blogger looking for some more personalized help with your Pinterest page, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com for more information on Pinterest Virtual Assistant Services! 🙂