One of my favorite nights involves getting together with good friends for drinks, delicious food, and watching the UFC fights! This past weekend I was rooting for Conor McGregor in UFC 196 (spoiler alert: it didn’t end well for him….) Although I typically don’t root for the favored fighter (especially one with so much arrogance), there’s something about his Irish accent and craziness that makes me a fan! Anyway, that inspired me to make an Irish themed dessert to contribute to the party. Doesn’t hurt that St. Patrick’s day is right around the corner, too! 🙂
I was trying to throw together a dessert kind of last minute, and immediately thought of Rice Krispies treats since they’re so quick to whip up. Then I got the idea to use Lucky Charms instead of Rice Krispies and holy cow! These give classic Rice Krispies treats a real run for their money! I was worried they’d be too sweet with all the added marshmallows and sugar but they’re downright perfection. And the cute marshmallows make it a perfect St. Patrick’s day or Irish themed dessert. For the fight I lovingly gave these the name of ‘Conor Krispies,’ but for a more universal use we will call them Lucky Charm Treats! I hope you enjoy this tasty twist on a classic favorite as much as I did!Print
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of lucky charms
- Extra lucky charm marshmallows for topping
- Microwave butter and marshmallows in large bowl for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Continue to microwave until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add in lucky charms and mix together.
- Spread into a greased, 9×13 pan, flatten with layer of wax paper and allow to set.
- Cut with a greased knife.
- Enjoy! Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
What do you think? Did this recipe make the cut for you or did it crumble? What would you do differently? I look forward to reading your opinions!