Finally! Mashed cauliflower that actually sticks to your fork! These mashed cauli-potatoes are thick and creamy but only 166 calories per serving!
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 8 oz of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/4 C of milk (I used skim)
- 4 Tbsp of butter or margarine (I used margarine)
- Chopped parsley for serving, if desired
- Cut 2 heads of cauliflower into florets and 2 russet potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, boil cauliflower and potatoes until tender.
- Drain the water then add the cauliflower and potatoes back into the pot and mash until the desired consistency.
- Add in 8 oz of cream cheese, 1/4 C milk and 4 Tbsp margarine. Mix until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Top with a little parsley to dress them up, if you want to be fancy!
Feel free to add in some cheese (extra calories of course!) or other seasonings if you want to add in some extra flavor. Garlic powder and tabasco sauce are always go-tos in our kitchen!
Keywords: cauliflower potatoes, low calorie side dish, holiday side dish, healthy comfort food