An easy one pan dinner that is loaded with fresh veggies, perfectly seasoned and golden brown chicken, plus….bacon sprinkles!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp each minced thyme and rosemary, plus more for serving
- 1 large peeled sweet potato, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 apples, cored and sliced (I used Fuji, make sure they’re fresh!)
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces (uncooked)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brine the chicken by placing in a sealed container, covering with water and adding in salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large resealable bag, add in 2 Tbsp of the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, thyme and rosemary.
- Place the brined chicken into the bag, add in some salt and pepper, seal, and mix together to ensure the chicken is fully covered with the mixture.
- Add all of the veggies/apples onto a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil, some salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread veggies into an even layer then top with the chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Switch your oven to broil for a few minutes for a more golden, crispy skin. Just watch carefully as it will burn very quickly!
- Top more herbs then serve. Enjoy!
10 SP per serving
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast plus 1/4 pan of veggies
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 294.2 mg
- Fat: 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 57.4 g
- Cholesterol: 149.6 mg