This overnight eggs benedict casserole is loaded with all your benny favorites, but has no poaching required! Can be made in advance, reheats within 30 seconds and has unbelievable flavor! AND only 160 calories per serving!
- 3 english muffins (I used light multigrain)
- 6 oz canadian bacon (or ham)
- 4 eggs
- 1 C 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika, plus extra for topping
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 package of prepared hollandaise sauce (you will need butter and milk for this!)
- Preheat your oven to broil and chop up 3 english muffins into 1 inch pieces. Throw the pieces onto a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and broil for 1-2 minutes. Flip them over and broil for another 1-2 minutes, or until the bread is brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, dice up 6 oz of canadian bacon. Spray a cooking dish (I used an oval dish but you could use an 8x8 glass pan), and toss in half of the canadian bacon. Once the english muffins are broiled, throw them into the dish then top evenly with the remaining canadian bacon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, 1 C milk, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Once combined, pour it evenly on top of the english muffins and bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, pull the dish out of the fridge and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Top with some extra paprika, cover, and bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the center is set.
- In the last 10 minutes of baking, prepare 1/2 package of hollandaise sauce according to the package.
- Once the casserole is done baking, drizzle the hollandaise sauce on top and then top some fresh chopped chives.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can reheat leftovers by popping them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. (If you want the hollandaise to be super saucy then don't top the casserole, just reheat it separately and top each piece as you eat it throughout the week!)
Keywords: eggs benedict, overnight breakfast, easy breakfast, make-ahead