For a healthy, guilt-free, protein-packed lunch, whip up these poached eggs over chicken sausage and veggies! Only 243 calories per serving!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package of chicken sausage links
- 1 (8 oz) container of sliced mushrooms
- 1 (5 oz) bag of spinach
- 1 C of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika for topping (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add in 1 package of chicken sausage links and an 8 oz of sliced mushrooms. Stir while cooking until sausage gets slightly crisped and mushrooms brown.
- Once the sausage and mushrooms are cooked, add in a 5 oz bag of spinach and 1 C of cherry tomatoes. Mix until the spinach begins to wilt then remove from heat and divide between 4 plates.
- To prepare your 4 poached eggs, follow tips in the post above or follow this guide.
- Add an egg over top of each plated sausage and veggies, top with pepper and paprika, and enjoy!!
Leftovers can be reheated in a pan until warmed through. Simply top with a fresh poached egg after reheating!
Keywords: low calorie breakfast, high protein lunch, low carb breakfast, healthy