These red white and blue Jell-O cups are a delicious, festive, low calorie, layered dessert that is perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day! And only 110 caloriesper cup!
- 1 small box of sugar free raspberry Jell-O
- 1 small box berry blue Jell-O
- 1 package of fat free Cool Whip
- Raspberries and blueberries to garnish
- 6 short, clear, plastic cups
- First, prep the raspberry Jell-O following the instructions on the box. To achieve the diagonal layers, flip a muffin pan upside down and angle your plastic cups so they stay put. Then fill your cups halfway with your raspberry Jell-O. Allow to fully set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once set, prepare a box of berry blue flavored Jell-O and place it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. (You need the Jell-O to be completely chilled before you use it or else you will end up with ugly purple cups!)
- Next, place your cups on a flat surface, then slowly pour the blue color on top of the red. Refrigerate for another 4 hours.
- Once set, top with cool whip and a few raspberries and blueberries to garnish. Enjoy!!
Shopping: Make sure you pick up short, clear cups or jars to use for this recipe. I recommend using 9 oz plastic cups. You'll also need 2 small boxes of Jell-O, a container of Cool Whip, and raspberries and blueberries.
Substitutions: Feel free to get creative with your toppings such as using sprinkles, cherries or even brownie bits! You can also use different flavors of Jell-O as well as regular or sugar free!
Prep: Making these layered Jell-O cups really just requires patience. You want to make sure each layer is fully chilled before moving onto the next.
Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 7-10 days. If you'd like to make these in advance, I recommend doing the Jell-O layers only, then adding the Cool Whip and berries when it is time to serve them.
Keywords: 4th of July dessert, layered jell-o, jell-o cups, red white and blue dessert