A vegetable side dish that is so similar to mashed potatoes you're going to feel guilty and want to add on ANOTHER vegetable side! Only 159 calories per serving!
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1/4 C bacon fat (from 1 lb of cooked bacon)
- 1 1/4 C chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Chop off the top 1/2 inch of garlic and place onto baking sheet. Cover with about 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until cloves are browned and skin is crispy. Allow to cool then carefully separate the cloves from the skin. Discard of all skin.
- Change oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Chop 2 heads of cauliflower into florets. Add to a baking sheet lined with foil and toss with 1/4 C of bacon fat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly browned and softened.
- Add cauliflower, garlic cloves, 1 1/4 C low sodium chicken broth and salt and pepper to a food processor and mix until desired texture.
- Top with parsley and serve immediately.
See post notes for tips on how to choose and store cauliflower and garlic!
Keywords: roasted garlic, healthy side dish, cauliflower potatoes, low calorie side dish