Buttery mashed potatoes blended with creamy puréed cannellini beans, fresh rosemary and rich blue cheese. The perfect partner to prime rib and steak!
- 4 lbs Russet potatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans
- 1 1/4 C half and half
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz blue cheese (or gorgonzola)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat.
- Peel 4 lbs of Russet potatoes and cut into small chunks. Add potatoes to salted water and boil until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add a 15 oz can of cannellini beans and 1 1/4 C of half and half to a food processor (or blender) and mix until puréed.
- Once potatoes get close to being tender, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once tender, drain potatoes and add back into large pot. Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Add in bean mixture, 7 Tbsp of melted butter, 1 tsp of minced Rosemary and 5 oz of blue cheese. Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to an oven safe baking dish, top with 1 Tbsp of butter, and sprinkle with remaining 1 oz of blue cheese and 1 tsp of rosemary.
- Place into oven and heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
This recipe can serve 8 people so it is fit for a holiday gathering. Be sure to cut it down if you're just making it for a small family dinner! (Unless you want to have tons of leftovers!)
Keywords: rosemary mashed potatoes, unique side dish, Holiday side, dinner party potatoes, side dish for large family