So it’s gameday. You can’t be bothered by complex, time-consuming recipes. You can’t spend all day in the kitchen reheating dishes so they’re warm for late guests. You can’t possibly miss a second of watching Ohio State destroy *ichigan! (again… 🙂 )
This dip is seriously a life saver. It’s one of my go-to appetizers that I love for so many reasons!
The first reason is right in the name: SKINNY. You get a pretty hefty serving for a little over 100 calories, which is pretty competitive compared to the typical gameday snacks!
The second reason is that it is super easy to make. You can whip this up in 5 minutes and it’s ready to be gobbled up in another 10 minutes!
A final reason (but probably my favorite one) is that it is one of those dishes that is delicious straight out of the oven, at room temperature, or served cold.
I absolutely adore dishes that are versatile like this, because it makes gameday and holiday get-togethers so stress free! No reheating, no monitoring, just cook, serve, sit back and relax! Regardless of when your guests snack on this dip it will still be delicious!
SKINNY JALAPEÑO POPPER DIP
131 calories per serving
5 SP per serving
Before I started my food blog, this was my go-to appetizer. I haven’t made it in awhile since I have been exploring some new recipes, but I couldn’t wait to get back to one of my favorites and share it with you guys! So let’s get to cooking!
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together two 8 oz packages of softened, fat-free cream cheese and 1/2 C fat-free mayonnaise until smooth.
Add in 1/2 tsp onion powder and garlic powder, 1/8 tsp of salt, and 1/4 C drained, minced jalapeños and mix together.
Toss in 1/4 C of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Pour into a small oven safe dish, such as an 8×8 pan or baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 C of cheese. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Yummmmm! Enjoy!! This dip pairs perfectly with crackers, tortilla chips, or strips of your favorite veggies!
And remember, you can eat this warm, at room temperature, or even cold! Personally I prefer it cold, which makes this such an easy, quick snack during the week! (That is, if there’s any left after Ohio State creams *ichigan… 🙂 )Print
Equally delicious served warm, at room temperature, or even cold! Perfect for gameday snacking! Only 131 calories per serving!
- 2 (8 oz) packages fat-free cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 1/2 C fat-free mayonnaise (I used Hellman’s Light Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 C fat-free shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C diced mild jalapeños, drained
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add in onion powder, garlic, powder, salt, and diced/drained jalapeños and mix together.
- Toss in 1/4 C of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Pour mix into a small oven safe dish, such as an 8×8 pan or baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 C of cheese.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Enjoy! Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold! Can be served with crackers, tortilla chips, or sliced veggies.
5 SP per serving
- Serving Size: 1/16th of dip
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 211.4 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 25.6 mg
**Recipe adapted from Stockpiling Moms
What do you think? Did this recipe make the cut for you or did it crumble? What would you do differently? I look forward to reading your opinions!
PS: Since I want my blog to be about learning and improving, I wanted to include one of my original images, next to an updated image. Thank you to the Pinch of Yum Food Photography Ebook for these lessons!