A thick, hot, melty queso dip loaded with all the Mexican pizzazz but light on calories! Only 91 calories per serving!
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
- 4.5 oz can of green chilis
- 1/4 C chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- Drain a 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes and a 4.5 oz can of green chilis then dice each and set aside. Dice up 1/4 C white onion and 3 garlic cloves as well.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp of water, the diced onion and the garlic cloves. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered until the water evaporates, which will take about 2-3 minutes. Watch closely because the onion and garlic will begin to burn if you go too long!
- Once the water has evaporated, add in the diced tomatoes and chilis, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/4 tsp hot sauce and mix together until all ingredients are warmed through.
- Turn heat to low then add in 6 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese and 6 oz cubed low-fat cream cheese. Stir until melted and all ingredients are combined. Add more chili powder, cumin, or hot sauce, to taste, if desired.
Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips! (Calories not included!)
Keywords: low calorie dip, party appetizer, healthy game day food, cinco de mayo, queso