This rich, creamy, thick side dish has pops of bacony goodness and is so flavorful you'll forget they aren't mashed potatoes! Only 219 calories per serving!
- 1 head of cauliflower (I used a small one, but any size would work fine)
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 slices cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 C shredded gouda cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut 1 head of cauliflower into small florets and place into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Add in 3 Tbsp heavy cream, 2 Tbsp butter, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave for 20 minutes.
- Once tender, pour cauliflower mixture into a food processor.
- Add in 4 slices of cooked, chopped bacon and 1/3 C shredded gouda cheese. Blend until desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!!
See post notes for tips on how to choose and store cauilflower!
Keywords: low calorie side dish, cauliflower mash, make-ahead side, healthy holiday side, easy weeknight dinner