A savory, low calorie, Mexican snack for only 98 calories for 2 pepper halves! (4 SP) Delicious warm or cold and super easy to make!
8 oz low-fat cream cheese, softened (I used Kraft Philadelphia 1/3 less fat)
1 C grated, sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp taco seasoning (I used 40% less sodium by Ortega)
20 mini sweet peppers
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 C panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice mini peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and ribs. (You can cut tops off if you wish. I like to leave them on because it gives me something to hold on to while I devour them!)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese and taco seasoning until fully blended.
- Stuff each pepper with a small amount of cheese mixture, until level with the top of each pepper.
- In a separate, small, microwaveable, bowl, melt butter then mix in panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each pepper half into the breadcrumb mixture and press down to adhere.
- Place peppers onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then switch oven to broil.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Watch closely to prevent burning. Allow to cool then serve!
4 SP for 2 halves
Leftovers can be microwaved for about 45 seconds.
- Serving Size: 2 pepper halves
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 192.8 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 18.6 mg