- 1 very large vidalia onion (or yellow onion), sliced
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
- 4 steaks (ribeye or strip recommended)
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and melt 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Add in large sliced onion and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add in heavy cream. Allow to simmer until reduced in half, about 5 minutes.
- Add in blue cheese and stir until melted.
- Meanwhile, liberally salt the steaks and allow them to reach room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan (or skillet with a little olive oil) over very high heat. Once you sprinkle a little water into the pan and it sizzles, then the pan is ready for the steak.
- Add pepper to each side of steak and add to pan. Allow to cook until internal temperature is 140-145 for medium rare, 150-160 for medium, flipping once while cooking. (Timing will vary based on thickness of steak).
- Once steak approaches final temperature, add 2 tbsp sliced butter on top until melted.
- Allow steak to sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving over generous portion of onions.