This taco dip flag is a festive, delicious, simple dish for your summer parties! Served cold and can be made a day before to help save you time on party day!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages of taco seasoning (1.25 oz size)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 C shredded lettuce
- A few sliced black olives
- Brown 1 lb of ground beef in a large pan until cooked, then drain out any excess fat. Add in 3/4 C of water and 1 package of taco seasoning and allow to simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate meat while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add in 16 oz of sour cream, 8 oz softened cream cheese, and 1 package of taco seasoning. Mix well.
- In a 9×13 pan, spread out a 16 oz can of refried beans. Top with cream cheese/sour cream mixture and spread out evenly.
- Top with cooled ground beef.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top with 2 C shredded lettuce.
- Create alternating rows of diced tomatoes and remaining 1 C of cheddar cheese, making the appearance of the American flag, leaving the top corner empty.
- Add black olives to top corner to look like little stars!
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then serve with tortilla chips.
See post notes for step by step images!
Keywords: 4th of July appetizer, Memorial Day dip, easy cold party food, make-ahead appetizer, flag shaped food, red white and blue food, American