These taco won ton cups are an appetizer game changer! Loaded with beef, beans and cheese and only 79 calories per taco cup!
Soft tacos, hard tacos, walking tacos, I've had them all. But won ton tacos?? Game changer.
These taco won ton cups are super flavorful, incredibly easy to make, and under 100 calories! They taste just as good cold or at room temperature as they do right out of the oven which makes them perfect for game day! I made these for a super bowl party this year and they were next to impossible not to devour (AKA I ate 3 of them before the game even started...)
I watched Andrew eat 5 in like 2 minutes so I knew they were a hit! He proclaimed that these are "The best thing you've made in a long time" which he insists is a compliment...but I'm not so sure! 😛 Either way, they ARE amazing and will definitely be a party staple for this girl!
TACO WON TON CUPS
79 calories per cup
You're going to start by browning the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain out and dispose of the grease then add in 1 packet of taco seasoning and ¾ C of water. Heat for an additional 5 minutes until thickened then set aside.Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
In each muffin cup, add one won ton wrapper and top with ½ Tbsp refried beans. Crush ½ a tortilla chip and place on top of beans. Add 1 Tbsp ground beef then top with ½ Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until won ton wrapper is slightly browned. Repeat with another muffin pan to make 24 total cups. Top with your favorite taco toppings such as sour cream, tomato, onion, cilantro, etc!
An appetizer game changer! Loaded with beef, beans and cheese and only 79 calories per taco cup!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 24 won ton wraps
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans (I used fat free)
- 12 tortilla chips
- ¾ C shredded cheddar cheese
- You favorite Mexican toppings such as tomato, onion, cilantro, etc.!
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brown 1 lb of ground beef. Drain out and dispose of grease then add 1 packet of taco seasoning and ¾ C water and heat for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In each muffin cup, add one won ton wrapper and top with ½ Tbsp refried beans. Crush ½ tortilla chip and place on top of beans. Add 1 Tbsp ground beef. Top with ½ Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until won ton wrapper is slightly browned. Repeat with another muffin pan to make 24 total cups.
- Top with sour cream, diced tomato, onion, cilantro, or any other favorite taco toppings!
Nutritional information is for each cup alone and does not include additional toppings.
Keywords: low calorie game day food, healthy party appetizers, kid-friendly snacks
**Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything (<-- my kind of girl! 😛 )
What do you think? Did this recipe make the cut for you or did it crumble? What would you do differently? Leave a comment below! 🙂