Adorable kiwi cups stuffed to the brim with a tasty tropical fruit salad! A simple, delicious, and healthy dessert for any summer cookout! Only 66 calories per cup!
- 6 ripe kiwis (tender to touch)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 3 medium-sized strawberries
- 1/2 of a medium-sized mango
- Sugar for topping, if desired
- Using a cheese grater, shave down the flattest end of each kiwi, so they can stand. Then cut off the top and discard.
- Slice the inside of the kiwi into an X to make it easier to scoop out. Use a spoon (a grapefruit spoon would work great) to scoop out the inside of each kiwi and dice what you remove. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 C of blueberries, 3 diced strawberries and 1/2 of a diced mango into the bowl.
- Mix together all of the fruit and spoon it into each kiwi. (You may end up with extra fruit salad!)
- Enjoy! Sprinkle on a little sugar if you wish, if you find the salad too tart.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
See post notes for images on how to prep the kiwis!
See my Mango Slaw recipe for tips on how to cut a mango!
Keywords: tropical fruit salad, fruit cups, healthy dessert, kid-friendly dessert, summer cookout