Little zucchini tots that are loaded with flavor and fresh herbs! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, then dipped in a warm marinara sauce for an italian pop! Only 14 calories per ball! (0 SP)
- 1 C zucchini, grated and drained well (about 1.5 medium sized zucchini)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C asiago cheese (or parmesan)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by grating about 1 and half medium sized zucchini using a box grater into a clean kitchen towel. Using the towel, squeeze as much water as possible out of the zucchini and measure out about 1 C of zucchini. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Grate the garlic and add to the zucchini.
- Chop the chives, parsley, basil and oregano and add to the zucchini and garlic.
- Add in the egg, breadcrumbs, cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into about 1 inch balls and add to baking sheet. Mix will make about 20 balls.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until zucchini balls begin to slightly brown, turning half way.
- Enjoy! Serve with a side of warmed marinara sauce!
0 SP per bite
Make sure you get as much water out of the zucchini as possible to get your bites to turn out crispy and not soggy! 🙂
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 14
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 19.1 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.4 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.3 mg