Bananas rolled in cinnamon and sugar then caramelized into a perfectly sweet, low calorie, Mexican themed dessert! Only 157 calories per banana!
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon together in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Heat a skillet (I recommend cast iron) over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Slice 2 bananas into rounds and place into skillet.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture and allow to cook for an additional minute.
- Flip the banana slices and sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Allow the bananas to cook an additional 2 minutes, until soft.
See post notes for tips on choosing and storing bananas!
Keywords: healthy churros, low carb churros, kid-friendly dessert, easy dessert, cinco de mayo food