Kicking regular guacamole up a notch by adding in CHEESE! Still only 119 calories per serving (5 SP). It’s a perfect snack for Cinco de Mayo!
1/2 medium red onion
1/2 jalapeño pepper
2 roma (plum) tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 C fresh cilantro leaves
1 C grated, sharp cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
3 ripe avocados (black or dark purple, yields to gentle pressure)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Roughly chop the red onion. Remove seeds and ribs and mince the 1/2 jalapeño pepper. Mince the garlic. Remove seeds and dice the roma tomatoes. Chop the cilantro leaves.
- Combine all of the chopped ingredients into a large bowl and add in cheese and 1 1/2 Tbsp of the lime juice.
- In a separate bowl, halve the avocados and remove the pits (but hold onto them!) and scoop the insides into the bowl. Add in cayenne pepper, cumin, remaining lime juice and salt and mix together with a potato masher until desired consistency.
- Mix both bowls of ingredients together.
- Push the pits into the dip and top with plastic wrap, pressed onto the surface of the guacamole, to prevent browning.
- Allow to refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy!! 🙂
5 SP per serving
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 32.3 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 4.4 mg