Simple, flavorful, vegetable side dish for a healthy addition to any dinner! Only 87 calories per serving! (1 SP)
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, untrimmed
- 6 small carrots with tops trimmed off
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Fresh pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add carrots and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add in green beans, boil for an additional 3-4 minutes. Green beans should remain crisp and bright green in color.
- Remove from heat and drain, then soak veggies in ice bath.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Toss in carrots and green beans.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion power, and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and allow to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
1 SP per serving
- Serving Size: 3 servings
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 60.2 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg