These loaded breakfast bowls are perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast on a busy morning! Bacon, eggs, cheese, and potatoes but only 307 calories!
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 scrambled eggs
- 12 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
- 6 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Peel and dice 3 russet potatoes into small chunks.
- Add potatoes to a large mixing bowl and add in 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- Spread potatoes out on prepared baking sheet into a thin layer.
- Cook the potatoes for 40 minutes or until tender, flipping halfway and adding more olive oil if they begin to burn.
- Turn oven to broil and allow potatoes to broil until crispy, about 3 minutes (watch closely!)
- Once cooked, split the potatoes into 6 separate containers and divide 12 scrambled eggs, 12 slices of bacon, and 6 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese into each one. Drizzle with ketchup, if desired.
- Enjoy!! 🙂
If you're preparing your breakfast bowls to eat at a later time, slightly undercook your scrambled eggs prior to placing into the container. The eggs will cook a little bit more when you reheat so you don't want them to be overdone! Then just reheat bowl for 1 minute, add ketchup and stir!
Substitutions include: hollandaise sauce or salsa instead of ketchup and butternut squash instead of potatoes
Keywords: Breakfast bowls, eggs, breakfast potatoes, make-ahead breakfast, low calorie, easy, healthy