This zoodle "pasta" salad is the perfect veggie-packed dish for cookouts in the summer! All the flavors of your favorite pasta salad but guilt-free at only 140 calories per serving!
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 12 pieces of pepperoni, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced then cut into fourths
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Zesty Italian salad dressing
- Prep veggies by spiralizing 2 zucchini and then cutting them into small, bite size strands. (Zoodles!) Cut 12 pieces of pepperoni into fourths as well as 1/2 of a cucumber worth of slices into fourths. Dice 1/2 of a red pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together zoodles, pepperoni, cucumbers, red pepper and 5 oz of cherry tomatoes.
- If serving immediately, add in 4 oz EACH of extra sharp cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese cubes and 1/2 C Zesty Italian salad dressing. If serving at a later time, add in cheese and dressing immediately prior to eating.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you're going to be storing the salad for a while, don't add in the cheese and dressing until right before you serve it. Since zoodles aren't like pasta, the dressing won't be soaked up as much so the salad and cheese will become soggy if you let it sit too long.
Keywords: zoodle, spiralized, low calorie side, cookout side dish, healthy pasta salad, low carb side