This crock pot steak and gravy is a simple dump and cook recipe for perfectly tender meat that develops its own flavorful onion and mushroom gravy in the crock pot. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare and has only 250 calories per serving!
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup (I used 98% fat free)
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 2 pounds of stew meat
- 3/4 C of water
- Add your 2 lbs of stew meat to your crockpot.
- Top with two cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Dump in 1 packet of dry onion soup mix. Top with 3/4 C of water.
- Stir to combine then cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shopping: Dry onion soup mix can be typically be found in a box in the soup aisle. (I prefer Lipton's brand which is in a blue box). Stew meat can be found at your local butcher or in most grocery stores.
- Substitutions: If you are unable to find stew meat, you can substitute it for another cut of beef such as chuck or round. If you are not a fan of mushroom soup you can sub the two cans in this recipe for one can of French onion soup and one can of cream of chicken instead.
- Prep: None! (The joys of dump and cook crock pot recipes!)
- Cooking: You will cook the steak and gravy in the crock pot for 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high, but I prefer a lower, slower cook).
- Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: To freeze your leftovers, allow to cool completely first, then store servings in individual containers for up to 2 months. You can also freeze any leftover gravy in an ice cube tray.
- Reheating: If fresh: Fresh leftovers can be reheated on the stovetop in a small pot over low heat. If frozen: Frozen leftovers should be placed in the refrigerator to thaw overnight and then reheated using the directions above.
Keywords: crockpot steak and gravy, slow cooker meat, low calorie family dinner