These decadent chocolate chip brownies require only one bowl and are ready to be devoured in just 30 minutes! Just make sure you have a big glass of milk ready!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add in 2 C of sugar, 1 3/4 C of flour, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Next, add in 1 C of vegetable oil, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and 5 large eggs.
- Use a spatula to mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Line an aluminum 9x13 pan with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray then pour in the brownie batter and spread across the pan evenly. Sprinkle the brownies with another 1/2 C of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway. Your brownies are done when you start to see a crackle forming on top!
- Allow the brownies to cool (the most agonizing part of this whole recipe), then cut and enjoy! 🙂
Shopping: If you bake frequently, you'll probably have most of the ingredients for this recipe at home. The most important thing is making sure you have all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa, and large eggs. Plus, be sure you have enough granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract before you hit the store!
Substitutions: You can use the base of this brownie recipe and get crazy with adding in any of your favorite flavors! Feel free to try out chocolate chunks, chopped nuts, or your favorite candy instead of chocolate chips.
Prep: The great thing about this recipe is that no real prep work is required. Simply measure, dump and mix!
Baking: For the evenest baking (and easiest brownie removal) you want to use a light aluminum baking pan lined with parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Be sure to rotate your pan halfway through the 30-minute bake. Your brownies are done when you start to see them crackle on top. (Because these brownies are studded with chocolate chips, the old toothpick method won't work here!)
Storage: Store leftover brownies at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezing: You can freeze these brownies in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. I like to place just a few per container so I can treat each craving with a small batch rather than having to thaw an entire pan!
Reheating: If fresh: Of course you can eat these straight out of the pan, but I like to reheat my leftover brownies in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to remelt the chocolate chips! If frozen: Allow brownies to thaw then reheat as noted above.
Keywords: chocolate chip brownies, one bowl brownies