The face Behind the food
Hi friends! I’m Caitlin, and I am the photographer, chalkboard artist, writer, and overall boss-lady behind the Cuts and Crumbles recipes!
I started my food blog in 2016 as an outlet for creating and sharing low-calorie versions of my favorite dishes to help others stay on track with their diet and weight-loss goals, or even to help those who simply want to eat a little healthier.
As a life-long yo-yo dieter, I have learned how important it is to consistently focus on eating fresh and natural food and making healthy ingredient swaps when possible to help cut back on calories, carbs, cholesterol and more!
I also know the importance of avoiding temptations without depriving yourself, which is why I have categorized my recipes into two main sections. Under The Cuts you will find the low-calorie recipes to help you stay on track (with full nutritional information included), but if you find the occasion calls for a more indulgent treat, you can venture over to The Crumbles.
All of these recipes are simple enough for even the novice chef to whip together and require basic kitchen essentials, readily available ingredients, and just a short amount of time! Whether you live alone in a small apartment or have a family to feed, these recipes can be adapted for any lifestyle!
My kitchen experience
If you’re looking for chef-level gourmet cuisine, I’m not your girl. If you’re looking for non-intimidating, family-friendly dishes featuring simple techniques, you’re in the right spot!
I attended college for 8 years where I worked hard to earn degrees in Biology and Optometry. My level of kitchen expertise after graduating was limited to microwaving Lean Cuisines, making a mean grilled cheese, and occasionally boiling broccoli. (Yes, boiling.)
In 2016, after years of studying math and science and working in healthcare, I realized the creative side of my brain had been suppressed for far too long and was now SCREAMING for a release! I’ve always had a passion for writing and photography and a desire to learn more about cooking so I decided to start a food blog!
My kitchen skills have now drastically improved (with a lot of help to my Italian husband who is an excellent cook!) and I am consistently learning about more advanced cooking techniques and recipe creation.
I take pride in the fact that my recipes are attainable for all levels of skill sets, feature easy to find ingredients, and simple techniques to help you grow your cooking confidence just as I have!
My foodie accomplishments
Since starting my blog, I have worked exceptionally hard at recipe creation and marketing. This has lead to me having the opportunity to work with and be featured on large sites such as BuzzFeed, MSN, Bloglovin’, Yummly, Tastespotting, Food Gawker, Popsugar and Wayfair.
I love using my platform to connect with others and look forward to continuing to expand my reach in years to come!
If you’re interested in working with me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
My partners in Crime
In addition to The Cuts and The Crumbles recipes, you may also notice a section of my blog called The BBQ Brothers.
As I mentioned above, a lot of my cooking knowledge has been coming from my husband. He and his family are all excellent cooks and their favorite techniques are smoking/grilling!
My husband, Andrew, and brother-in-law, Matthew, were interested in contributing some of their own recipes, so they were given their own section to run free in! You’ll find their recipes under The BBQ Brothers, which range from BBQ rubs and sauces to smoked meats and sides!
Random facts about me
Finally, I just want to share some fun facts about myself so you can get to know me better!
- I live in Northeast Ohio and attended Bowling Green State University and THE Ohio State University! My husband attended BGSU’s rival school of Toledo but I have learned to accept his flaws and love him anyway.
- I hate the edges of food and won’t eat them. From brownie edges to casseroles, I won’t eat a hardened outside of any baked food.
- My favorite food is queso dip and my least favorite food is anything spicy.
- I’m an unapologetic trash TV addict. I love decompressing with MTV reality shows, Big Brother, Real Housewives, and more. (But I hate the Bachelor!)
- I’m obsessed with my cockapoo, Benson. He even has his own Instagram account (@BensonsFoodComa if you want to see how freaking adorable he is.)
- I work part-time as a doctor and part-time as a food blogger.
- I love to travel, mostly to beaches where I can relax, soak in the sun, listen to the waves, and eat local favorites!
- I’m 100% an introvert and my husband is a textbook extrovert. It works for us as long as I get enough naps and he gets enough social outings. (Plus, I make him make all the phone calls 🙂 )
- I eat pizza with a fork. Every. Time.
- In my free time, I love to relax with a book, drink on patios, scroll Pinterest, do Yoga or boxing, spend time with family and friends, and cuddle with my aforementioned cockapoo!
- I have a constant stream of to-do lists in my phone.
- One day I want to live in a beach bungalow and spend my days at farmer’s markets, reading in a hammock, and aimlessly driving around in a Wrangler. 🙂
Thank you for learning more about me and my blogging journey! Leave a comment below to say hello and then let’s get cooking together!
Remember, if you’re looking for low-calorie dishes, head over to The Cuts Recipes! If you’re ready for a splurge, start with The Crumbles! Or if you’re ready to fire up the grill, check out The BBQ Brothers Recipes!